The river Turrabilita winds it's way down from the mountains of the central valleys and meanders past the border of our farm.
The views are spectacular! We will leave the farm and follow the river upstream, passing the village of Mata de Platano.
Many an array of rare birds make it their home here on this pristine river. You might spot Blue herons, Tiger herons, Roseate spoonbill , Wood storks and many more including Scarlett macaws. White faced monkeys and sloths can also be found at home here on the rivers edge.
Tours run at 8.30am or 2.30pm Monday to Saturday
(Saturday 8:30AM only). group tour
This is a relaxing and gentle ride for the slightly more advanced riders. We take this ride mostly at a walk to take in the views, once we arrive to our spot up stream, we tie the horses up under the shade of the trees and take a relaxing dip in the crystal clear water, whilst sipping on juice and enjoying fresh fruit. This is such a relaxing and incredibly beautiful ride.
- Suitable for intermediate to advanced riders.
- Max 6 people, one guide per 4 people.
- Children experienced over 10 years.
- $85 per person for 2.5 hours including fresh fruit and drinks.
- This tour is subject to weather restrictions due to river heights during rainy season. CASH ONLY! NO CREDIT OR DEBIT AVAILABLE.